View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #78
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Here's what I think.

Schaub has matured to the point where he does whatever it takes to win. He's not worried about stats and rankings, he's worried about wins.

Prior to last season, it was pretty much on Schaub's shoulders and even then, our defense was so bad it would find new and excruciating ways to lose. Last year, Schaub started to realize what he had on the defense and that changed his approach.

NOW he's more sensitive to what the game requires. If it's a game where he can sit back and let the game come to him without having to take chances, he'll do that. If it's a game where he has to dink and dunk, he'll do that. If it's a game where he has to check down to running plays, he'll do that. But Sunday he showed that if it's a game where he's got to toss the ball all over the field to get it done, he can still do that.

As someone else mentioned, there are people on the board that think he's got a noodle arm. While I don't think he has a cannon, I think he can make all the throws. He's stronger than a lot of people think. Now... the interception in OT, that was because he was off balance as he threw. He had people crashing into him and he was trying to protect his legs at the same time he was throwing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote