View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you like the current OT rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Since moving here to Florida I have started following the Bucs again so I had their game on one TV and the Texans game on the other.

Both games went into OT about at the same time. Unlike the Texans game the Bucs won the toss, got the ball first and drove to a TD to win the game on the first series. The Panthers didn't even get the ball in OT.

Do you like this rule? IMO, both teams should get the ball at least once. For example in the above scenario the Panthers would get the ball however have to score a TD to extend the game.

Thoughts?
Kevin, I absolutely love the new OT rules.

I say that as someone who would've loved the outcome after our field goal yesterday as it used to be but I was also someone who was tired of seeing < than the recieving team winning games without the other team even seeing the ball. I love the fact that "if" the team receiving the ball scores a TD - GAME OVER and if they settle for a FG, the other team at least gets a shot.