View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Gut Check Game.....Good for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Things I hate from this game:

*Kubiak been calling draw plays on 3rd & long all year. It finally bit him in the butt when Foster fumbled.
Mean while Jax calls for a passing play on their 3rd & long and hit Blackmon on a long TD.

*Our D blitz way too much. I thought we learn from that mistakes with the GB game. Jax passing game slowed down when we just rush four. I believe our D is at it's best when we rush 4.
For the year, 10 qb sack on blitz versus 17 sack on just a 4 man rush.
Bears and 49ers, one of the best Defensive team, also one of the least blitzing team in football.
Yeah, sometimes blitz are effective, but for the most part for this team it is bad game plan.

*Folks getting excited for Schaub 527 passing.
This was against a 27th rank Defense team in the NFL(Now 31st) who was playing prevent-D in the fourth Q. That combo should at least spot any avg QB 200 yrds of passing.

*Justin Forsett ran well and better than Foster in this game. But yet Foster still had 28 carries!
C'mon Kubiak, don't wear him out before playoff begins.

*And finally our Defense.
We went up against the last rank Offense in football without their best offensive playmaker in MJD, knocked out their starting QB, and at our own stadium with our crowd noise working against them...and they hung 37 points on us with over 400 yards off offense? Really?
This is way more humiliating than Rogers's 6 TD.

Things I like about this game:

*Our special teams return game. It's refreshing getting the ball beyond the 40 yard line once in a while.

*Bradie James played his best game for us so far. I wasn't sure what jersey # he wears before this game.

This count as a win, but it's a costly win. It cost me the painful knowledge that this team will never win a SB with Wade's blitz-happy unit and Kubiak conservative play-calling.
& that's why they play the game. If we just threw a bunch of stats at each other & played the game on paper..... who'd give a $hit??