View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #71
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

As far as the 3 and outs are concerned, I think part of the problem is the run game. At the end of the day the numbers look good but there's just too many instances where there are minimal gains, if not losses, that puts them behind schedule. The run game is almost Barry Sanders-ish. 3 carries for losses and then busting one for 50. Not that that was Sanders fault - horrible Lions o-line I know.

I don't remember which game it was, but Foster had something like 24 carries in a game for 120 yards or something like that. Looks like an awesome day, 5 yard average per carry, but 12 of his 24 carries that day were for less than 2 yards, with about 4 or 5 going for losses. The run game is just too inconsistant, even though at the end of the day, they're a top rushing team.
I agree with this ... the run game , even tho they lead the league in rushing yardage and rushing attempts per game .... aint gettin it done.

They are in the bottom third of the league in terms of average per attempt - 3.6 ypc if I recall correctly.

They really miss Briesel and Winston more than any of us wants to admit in that aspect .... tho I completely understand they had little choice because of the cap.

This is also the main reason I'd like to see (at least at this moment in time) them take an OL with a premium pick in the next draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote