View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #70
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Man.... I agree with everything you're saying, but...

Matt has plenty of opportunity to play like he did yesterday, but he don't. It seems like he waits until we're 14 points down before he "makes **** happen" He wasn't just sitting in a perfect pocket for that comeback. He didn't settle for throwing it out of bounds. He knew we needed a play & he didn't give up on any of them. He did what he had to do to give our guys time to get open. He didn't look like Ben Rothlisberger or RGIII, but he escaped pressure, he stepped up, he waited that extra second.

I hate it when we are up by 3 & he throws it away on third down instead of trying to extend the play for just one more second. Playing it safe.... we're 9-1, I get it, & if it gets us a Lombardi, I'll take it.

But in my little mind, third down is always the time. If we're in field goal range, I can understand it. But we should never go 3 & out. Not if we have the offense we think we have. (Never is hyperbole, just saying I think we go 3 & out more than we should.... even if we lead the league with the least 3 & outs, I think we go it more than we should).

I get all that ..... but you have to understand that .... taking those unnecessary chances can backfire and in the process , cost you W's.

Schaub does what he has to .... to win. He manages the game and limits his mistakes.

A win by one point counts just as much as a win by 30 in the standings.

I also know that they want to have him healthy for the playoffs .... and limiting his exposure to hits when the team has a lead , no matter how large is one way to ... do your best to assure that he's under center when playoff time rolls around.

I mean , we all love what TJ Yates did last season .... but I want more than a win in round one and a well played game on the road in round two.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote