View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 381193 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gut Check Game.....Good for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I was saying this before the 1st game against ther Jags. They have a tough D and talent on the O side of the ball. Besides, except for the Texans, I ALWAYS pick the home team in division games, regardless of records or injuries.

I agree with ya, Herv. Get a different franchise QB. Gabbert just doesn't seem to have "it".

EDIT: I STILL can't believe nobody is making a big deal out of Jax going for it on 4th & 10 at midfield instead of punting it away and pinning us deep in our own territory. HUUUUGE error imo. There were only a couple of minutes left in the OT period. I tie would've been great for them and terrible for us.
Regarding the edited part...
I think that was a smart play on their part. They hadn't really "stopped" us in the second half, there was roughly 6-7 minutes left in the O/T, but mainly, they were still behind by 3. On our previous possession we'd eaten up 6:50 while marching 70+ yds for a FG. They knew their best chance was to tie the game up. I doubt if they would have gotten the ball back had they not forced a tie.