View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you like the current OT rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think the college overtime rules are a farce. It removes the key component of special teams from the game, and the teams basically start their possessions in FG range. In short, the overtime decides the game in a manner that's too different from the way they play in regulation for my taste.

In the NFL, I'd acually prefer a fifth full quarter, but I recognize the drawbacks to doing that (injuries, and just basic player well being). While I wouldn't argue with a modification to allow both teams a possession even if the first possession results in a TD, I think the current rules are fine, and a definite improvement over the previous version.
Great point. Guess I didn't finger on it long enough.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote