View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #126
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Well, what i'll say is that all of these guys seem to forget at times that swatting the ball down is something this defense does very well. I'm basing that mainly on how little of it was done over the last few games against Chi & Jax....until the 4th qtr/OT of yesterday's game that is. around that time, all of a sudden these guys start swatting/tipping balls like crazy! I want to say that Barwin, Smith & Watt tipped or swatted a pass all on the same series/drive. If someone has the game DVR'd, someone look that up for me.
Henne did a great job of avoiding the swat all game long. I remember mayyyybe 1 or 2 swats, with Antonio Smith providing one of those late in the game just after he had drawn a 15-yard penalty the play before (for hands to the face of Henne).

The other tip, IIRC, was Barwin (and it was tipped just enough to get it away from the WR's route).