View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #124
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Desperate for what though? They're not going to the playoffs... even if they do beat us.

All season this team has played alot closer to how we played against Baltimore than how we played yesterday. I'll give Jax some of the credit..i'm sure they gave us some looks that we hadn't really seen all year & teams seem to have finally locked in on JJ Watt b/c he's not making nearly as many plays as he did earlier in the season.

But i think it's clear we had a let down game after the big win in Chi.
I am wondering if Watt's "swat" skills suffer versus taller QBs.

Henne, to me, looks to be much taller (or he at least looks like he stands taller during a throw) than other QBs we've faced. We also have to ponder whether teams might have already started to make their QBs practice throughout a week with throwing the ball at a higher arc, to avoid Watt's swat skills.

Then there's this: To me, it looked like the Jags, Henne in particular, started delivering the pass much quicker than normal. Whether that was a lot of 3-step drops, quick throws, whatever, a pass getting out of the QBs hand VERY quickly is going to be harder for Watt to swat down.

The Jags, IMO, schemed their offense to take advantage of us. They have the blueprint of how to beat our defense: (1) Quick passing plays that stall the DL pass rush, or at least keep it away from the QB, and (2) Spread formation with the primary target being a HUGE wide receiver who finds open space wherever there is a void. Henne gets a lot of credit because he was doing what Gabbert couldn't: Knowing where to go and to WHOM he should go to, right from the snap. I wouldn't mind having that guy as my QB2, tbh.

I also think this defense is dog tired from playing the Bears on MNF, and then the Jags (which was an all-out foot race all game long)...then they gonna' have to go to Detroit on a very short week. We're going to be lucky if our guys don't come down with flu or other fatigue-related illnesses after the Lions game. That's a lot of exertion on their bodies in a short amount of time.