View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #118
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Now the play that really got to me is the one on third and 21 in the fourth quarter.

We actually had a LB helping out McCain initially against Blackmon in the slot.
Then both safeties converged (Manning and Demps).

Blackmon caught the ball in triple coverage and came out with an 80yd TD (granted the Jaguars blocked in the back downfield).

One guy defended by four and we couldn't get the job done; in the meantime, we want KJax to go man-on-man with Blackmon all day and win!
Honestly, it looked like NONE of the secondary wanted to do much of anything that required high effort yesterday.

I think the Bears game, coupled with the upcoming Lions game, it was just a situation of the secondary (and the entire team, actually) sort of taking a break.

That's why I have said that THIS season, Matt Schaub is playing Super Bowl caliber football. Out of every player on the team, Schaub, to me, looks like a guy who wants and expects great things on every single snap of every single game. That foot injury, IMO, made him sit up and pay attention--He knows he's going to have to be the consummate leader every game.

Everyone else, though they might have had a shining moment yesterday every now and then, looked lethargic and spent. Like they were just ready to be done with it. Like "Why is Matt Schaub forcing us to keep up with him??? %$#@!"