View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #116
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

CBs will always have a harder time against larger WRs.

Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Vincent Jackson are three guys who come to mind...a CB is just already out-manned against those types of WRs, especially if those types of WRs know how to use their size to their advantage.

I mean, seriously...if a guy like Blackmon gets hot and the plays are called to get him into open space, hardly anybody is going to be able to cover him.

If anything, it looked like maybe the Jags were using a spread offense style...certain receivers run certain routes and a big stud like Blackmon is finding the open spaces in the field that result from other WRs clearing out space.

We had no answer for Blackmon, except for either Henne being off on a throw or Blackmon dropping a pass, or if we had tight enough coverage and other elements (pressure by DL) helped the CBs out.

To me, Danieal Manning has been playing less pass coverage and more run support in the past few games. He's trying to lay too many hits, whereas I remember him breaking up passes and making interceptions earlier in the season and last season too. The coverage all the way around hasn't been sharp since the Ravens game, and heck...we were getting huge pressure on Flacco that game (so what does that say? yeah, that's right: DL pressure is critical).