View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #111
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
While this is true...that Cecil Shorts TD is all on KJ. The team as whole just didn't show up yesterday. Obviously there was some hangover from the Chi game & they were clearly looking past Jax to the holidays and the DET game. You're not gonna show up with your A game every game in the season.

The key is how you deal with it during and going forward.
I've been talking about conspiracy.
That play looks like one to me.

The Jags were in single-back set, but we were in base defense.
Not only that, we took out a safety (we had KJ, JJo, McCain, and one safety in there I believe.) That is weird.

We went with zero coverage, but our lone safety played a little deep (away from KJ).
If the Jags wanted an easy target (wide open), they would find it on that side.
That's even weider.

Then look at the throwing lane on KJ's side; it was wide open even though we rushed six.
When you rush six, there should not be an open throwing lane like that; no way, no how!

Yupe, KJax missed that tackle big time (I even said so in the game thread), but Dobbins (who was originally on the RB, but dropped back when this guy stayed to block) was even worse on his angle. If he only had a similar attempt as KJ, I don't think it's a TD as McCain, Mercilus, and KJ would have gotten back.

And last of all, when Dobbins dropped back, he showed more interest in helping McCain on the other side.

Whatever that was, it's a very strange coverage that lends itself to disaster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote