View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This offense just set records and you're saying it's not geared up? We're halfway through the race and you're asking for them to pour it on and finish the job? The point to pour it on and finish the job is in the playoffs.

Personally, I think it's you having unrealistic expectations. We've put some ass-whoopings on some good teams this year. We've beaten teams by shutting them down in defensive battles; we've beaten teams by outscoring them in shoot-outs. We're 9-1.

During the game thread, you were saying "patience." I think you need to say that to yourself just a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
So, if you were in charge of a football team, you would burn through a Hall of Fame coach every year or two... this is how you defend yourself?

You can not go through the history of any coach in the NFL without seeing games where their team isn't playing to their potential. I get being critical of it when it happens. I am too. However, communicating as if the coach isn't qualified or is a failure, that is where you lose most reasonable people. The Texans are 9-1, including wins against 3 Superbowl contenders... And, they are coming off a season where they advanced in the playoffs with a rookie, 5th round, 3rd string QB. Chill out!
If GP is an owner or a GM, he would have fired Belichick as the Browns did when he had only one winning season in his five years there.

And look where that franchise is now.

And if GP was with the Pats, he would have fired Belichick in his first year when they went 5-11.

Yupe, GP will have his way no matter what
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote