View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #53
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Turkey Day Texans VS Lions. Lets predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Agreed. But that was a theory for the Jacksonville game too.

I know, Jacksonville was 1-8 and it was supposed to be a blowout. The Texans got caught with their pants down, but they pulled through despite Jacksonville putting up what seemed like their absolute best effort. Jacksonville didn't play like a 1-8 team yesterday.

I don't see a lack of focus in this game. But I think if they lose, it's probably because the overtime and comeback effort was more physically taxing than it was mentally taxing.

I never thought it was supposed to be a blow-out. Sure I had some fun with the "Crazy things that need to happen for Jacksonville to win" thread but deep down inside we all know that any team can jump up and bite you in the buttocks at any time. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind for the Texans (and no doubt they're aware of it) is that in this new world we're living in the Texans have a target on their collective backs. When you play the cellar dweller of the division they've got nothing to lose and throw everything but the kitchen sink at you. Everybody the Texans play is going to be wanting their scalps.

They've also learned to take very good care of Blaine Gabbert. Hit him but don't hurt him. We want him in the game for as long as it takes for Jacksonville to figure out that he's the problem.