View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Here's to Old AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And he had blown by people several times. I think he did it twice in the Broncos game (on top of my head.)
I'll have to go back & look, but I believe those were double moves.

I don't think it's a negative, I think it's a good thing. Players come into the league with nothing but talent. The guys who last, who play well into their twilight years, it's because they've adapted & got smarter.

Heins Ward, Jerry Rice, & Rod Smith come to mind. Even Rod Smith the CB/Safety, they got better with age when their physical talents wavered, because they got smarter & won the mental aspect of the game.

Randy Moss is the only guy I can think of who played a long time because of his physical talents at WR...... but he was a freak from day one.