View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Here's to Old AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think he's lost it. I don't care what anyone says. He used to be able to stretch the field, he didn't yesterday, or any game this year.

He's a different receiver now, playing at that same All-Star level, but much different than the way he used to.

YAC.... that was another big thing for Andre. Other than the game winning TD catch & run, his YAC was down for the game.

He kept the chains moving, he kept getting open. But he's lost what made him special & found something else.
I need the Doc to confirm this, the majority of males pass their prime around the age of 28 (???) so if you call that "lost it", that's fairly normal.

Obviously, there are deviations, but let's just call this the norm for AJ.
The next question is then "how much"?

On this, I'm thinking not much at all.
On the 45yd pass play, he beat triple-team downfield.

The LCB played the corner route; one safety helped bracketed him (this guy never bought the play fake.) The other safety was reading Schaub the whole time and saved the TD. If AJ runs any faster, he would overrun Schaub's throw.

I call that stretching the field, don't you think?

And he had blown by people several times. I think he did it twice in the Broncos game (on top of my head.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote