View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't even care anymore. I follow one team and only marginally pay attention to what former Texans do. Jacoby is just another Baltimore Raven at this point.
Exactly.

People fall in love with players and follow them to their new team like a lovestruck teenager who has a poster of Bieber on their bedroom wall.

"OMG! Look what he's doing with another team!"

So what.

I mean, do we do this on every single player who leaves the Texans? Or is it just fun to find the ones who go on to actually DO something and build it up as a thing of "Man, look what we had and let get away from us!"???

The Broncos fans probably aren't on their message board talking about Chris Myers right now. Are they?

It's so silly. For every Jacoby Jones who goes on to have a good season (or more) there are a dozen David Carrs who don't. Our batting average is pretty good, in terms of who we let go and what they do for their new teams. Leach and Ryans are probably the two standout players out of a pile of players we've let go. Jacoby MIGHT turn out to be in the Leach/Ryans group, but it's one season right now.