View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Ah. Well my Dad does seem to have selective memory. Thanks for clearing that up.

I know some folks will downplay this accomplishment because we got an extra possession in overtime. But posting HISTORIC numbers, I should think, would quiet some doubts people have about Matt Schaub's ability to carry this team to victory. He might not post 400 yards every week, but he sure as hell seems to come through when it counts.
He had posted great numbers in consecutive seasons (4500+ back to back , I believe only 9 QB's in history have accomplished the feat - from memory).

We all know he can throw the damn ball around and he's executed some 4th quarter comebacks (to be let down by the defense three times in 2010).

I think the biggest two knocks on Schaub are his lack of mobility (ability to extend plays) and that he doesnt have a cannon for an arm. Both would be fair criticism.

But , you do have to acknowledge the fact that he's "usually" very accurate , doesnt make many mistakes and is one of the best "ball handlers" in the NFL. (He probably left 50-75 yards on the field today with poor throws)

To be honest , I dont think he was really on top of his game today .... until that stretch of 16 straight completions.

One thing for sure , he's got to be more careful with the ball - Int last week , Two and a fumble this week. Very uncharacteristic mistakes by Schaub ..... You dont often lose the turnover battle and win in the NFL - Today they got away with one.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote