View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game not showing in Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
How many games do they show?

Where I live (S.E. Texas) the Cowboys game would be on one channel & the Texans another. Then there will be a second game at 3, then Sunday night football. So I'd get 4 games every Sunday.

If you don't have a setup like this, something is wrong.

I think
The way it works is cbs has the AFC games, and fox has the NFC games. When there is an inter-conference game the home TV station of the visiting team carries the game. When that happens it's possible for both Texans and Cowboys to air on the same station at the same time slot. This usually happens one or two times a year. It will happen again on Fox for 12-23, both teams play on the same network at the same time (unless we get flexed, which would be great but I haven't look to see the current SNF game that week). At that point its up to the local affiliate to carry whichever game they want, and they always choose cowpies over the Texans.