View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Were we ever like this ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I submit the loser attitude began to change before last year. When they were still playing hard, in Dec., just to make it to 8-8... that's not a loser attitude. Losers would have mailed it in and just showed up to collect their game checks. They stopped doing that before 2010.

Last year they started to realize they could play with ANY team. This year they know, if they play their kind of football, they can whip any team. But Kubiak has them grounded enough that they know if they don't play their kind of football, they can lose any given Sunday. Keeps 'em hungry.
Don't forget we did go 9-7 in 2009. If anyone has coached a new team, or a young team moving up to the next age level knows, instilling a winning culture is a difficult thing to do.

We went 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 9-7 (& should've gone to the play-offs), 6-10, 10-6, most likely 10+ for 2012.

A lot of people want to look at that as failure but from where we were, no that's not failure that's building a winning foundation. We were basically an 8-8 team, sometimes we'd win 2 more games, sometimes 2 less.

Now, I feel like we are a 10-6 team, meaning we'll win between 8 & 12 games. Eventually we'll be a 12 win team, regardless of schedule (my contention is that because of our weak schedule, we'll probably win 12+ games this season).

& I know it's hard to see, but I think that is what Bob saw when he said we were on the right track 2 years ago.