View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Well, I'm a little confused as to where this multitude of bandwagon fans will come from. I see only two possibilities...

1. A vast, undecided, potential fanbase that has been lurking underground just waiting for us to have a great season - which this has been so far - so they can BUST out and let their fanhood shine thru.

2. For us to convert great masses of fans of other teams to foresake their current allegiances and become full-blown Texans fans.

Regarding #1, we're only ten years old. And for most of that time we did not inspire folks to become Texans' fans with our less than stellar play. And a great many football fans - even in those living in Houston - grew up rooting for other teams. Which brings me to #2. When you grow up rooting for a team, that allegiance is tough to break. Something seriously drastic would have to happen - say moving the team to Tennessee - to cause them to switch their allegiance. And even those folks may be totally turned off of football or have found another team to root for.

I just don't see where this ground swell you expect will come from.
They come from same place as last season. Don't you remember the lengthy thread on band wagoners? We had another early this season IIRC.