Thread: 2012 Parity
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Parity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
What I'd like to know, is if parity is one of the reasons for the success of the NFL, then why is college football so popular when there is practically no parity.
More identification with the fan base.

I'm a fan of the Coogs because... I went to UH. I'm going to pull for them no matter what. I spent a couple of semesters at ASU and I pull for the Sun Devils, too. If I were a college football fan (which I'm not), those would be my main schools.

I have a friend whose daughters went to UConn. He and his wife became HUGE UConn women's basketball fans because of that. They still follow the team, go to all the home games, travel to some of the road games, paint their faces up even though their kids graduated years ago.

When you're actually IN school, it's that much more intense.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote