View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012   #28
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: what QB are you projecting in the top ten next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
borrowed this from another thread.
Just wondering would you guys consider trading TJ for a 3rd round pick, and maybe taking a QB like Bray or Wilson in the first to groom, or any other QB you rate highly?

Considering the amount of possible picks we could have this draft throw in another 3rd we could end up with three 2nd round picks with trade ups, and it may seem that now is the best time to get a top QB to learn the ropes behind schaubs last few years, i.e. like rogers.
Would I consider trading TJ, hell yes, but I want more than a 3rd round pick for him. With so many teams desperate for QB talent, TJ is young, experienced, has size and arm strength, tutored by a so called QB guru, has won a playoff game, and has shown that he's willing to put in the work to get better. I'd want at least a mid 2nd and throw in a mid 3rd along with it. I don't remember what KC gave up for Cassel, or what Arizona gave up for Kolb but they were expensive. Its' yet to be seen but with so many expected comp. picks, trade picks from Tate, and/or trade picks from TJ we should have lots of picks available to us come draft time and I'd expect Rick to glue that phone to his ear and I'd have no problem if one of the really good QB prospects fell near us and we traded up to get him so that he could sit behind Schaub for a year or 2 and then take over. I expect Rick Smith will be an extremely busy man once this season is over and I expect him to be trading up getting us quality over quantity in the early rounds. He's going to be earning that pay check this offseason.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote