View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99520 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys shown over Texans in Corpus Christi

It's all about ratings folks. Here in Florida there are 3 teams. In Orlando the Bucs are the home team and (when not blacked out) tend to have priority. However being the only NFC team most of the time they have FOX all to themselves.

The issue here is with the Dolphins and Jags. Orlando is a LOT closer to Jax and is considered a secondary market for the Jags however they bump the Jags for the Dolphins every chance they get. Even though Miami is twice as far as Jax, the Dolphins have the biggest following in this state.

I can see Jags fans around here (if there are any, I think I have seen one around here since moving here) getting upset since Orlando is supposed to be a secondary market for them. However the Dolphins are pulling much better ratings.

Just be thankful the Texans were not thrown into the NFC when they came into the league or no one would be seeing them outside of Houston.

BTW, I have DTV and the Ticket for the Texans. I will say that they have really improved their equipment. I live in a tropical climate with crazy heavy rains and storms. We rarely lose signal unless it's really bad. IMO DTV has the best options for the sports fan (if one has the budget for the programming).

If not, and you still want to see a game that is not on locally there is always a seat in the "front row" . Been watching the Rockets from the "front row" this season.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote