View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012   #72
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

I expect to see more than one guy wearing apparel when I shop at Walmart, Kroger or when I am at a gathering of people. I want to hear conversation at the pool (ok so weather changing that) about Texans that I do not begin. I want people in line at a restaurant to talk about how well Texans are doing.

Yeah Vinny, it is exactly high school rah, rah. Houston has lost an NFL team and waited 15 years to get where we are with Texans. Football is this city's heart beat. We should be 9-1 Sunday about 3:30 and it will be ho hum. Reliant holds about 70,000 + some tailgaters who do not enter so while that is a rabid audience, it is a drop in the Houston area populace.

Dallas & New England had great fan support before they won all those Super Bowls so unfair comparison imo. I am not seeing the "band wagon fans" I expected. We often have posts about recognition ffrom national media and we can not get it up with our own people.