View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brett Hartmanns back with vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well, one reason might be that Welker, Tate, and Andre all recovered from their injuries, and they lost zero salary while they were in the process of that recovery. That is to say there's absolutely no way they could show damages.

I think this is a longshot lawsuit. I'm actually one of the folks here who's never complained about the field, and believe that most of those that do are talking about something they know next to nothing about (or parroting those folks), but Welker and Tate's circumstances are completely different than what Hartmann is claiming.
Whoa, hold on a sec.

So you're telling me Hartmann can never kick or punt again? I'm missing where that's the case. POTENTIALLY career-threatening is what I've heard.

He's doing this based on the potential for loss of money. Now, this also begs the question: What else could a player sue for, in terms of an outside force that would cause their career to end forever?

Can't I sue a player for making a hit on me that ended my career? Or maybe I'll sue the helmet company for not making a good enough helmet? Maybe I'll sue the trainers and the weight lifting coaches for not making my muscles and ligaments the proper consistency to help me avoid blowing out an ACL or a quad? Where does it end?

Bratty ass punk is what this looks like to me. I think maybe him and Royce White are roomies or something. It's just silly, IMO. When people do things like this, it just looks so so sad to me. There are legitimate situation of negligence in life, is this really one of those? I don't think so.