View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Norgetta Stone Translation:

One thing that may be a factor for change in this equation is whether or not the Texans can win the Super Bowl.

If they were to win, it would be wise to spend all of our available capspace in 2013 to make a push for a repeat. If we lose, we should go back to the drawing board and retool the team to increase our chances of winning. However, it may not be with the same personnel we have this year regardless.
Just curious why you think Texans would have to re-tool? We seem to be in pretty good shape with excellent mixture of vets and younger guys. We are under cap but meet CBA criteria for spending, I just don't get your comment? Cushing is only prime player that is FA in 2014 and I can see Jonathan Joseph being redone to take care of him. Then Watt in 2014 with Schaub a candidate to bonus out. A very careful 2013 draft will replace many of the fringe guys & some guys like Ryan Harris and Bradie James and Cody could sign team friendly deals and Dobbins turns 30 in 3 weeks so he may grab a dollar here. The new CBA should reduce player movement.

The only question mark I see right now is Glover Quin. If he doesn't sign quickly, we could use a first for Ed Reed, Matt Elam or TJ McDonald or a second for Vacarro. Robert Lester or Tony Jefferson.