View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'm fine with what you are saying, but to drop the "realism" card is a bother. Realism about an 8-1 football team? What exactly are you being realistic about? We aren't talking about a fringe contender with an 5-4 record, saying..."ehh, MAYBE we're a playoff team?"

The "Don't get too close, she'll break your heart" mentality is at work here.

With Super Bowls, I think this city's fans would be Giants fan-like; even with multiple titles. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. "Yeah, we won those, but..."

And don't bring up ATL, please. That fan base is horrid with ALL their teams.

Lastly, cak. That's why I mentioned the Oilers. Even if this franchise saw Carolina/Jacksonville-like success, would we really not have this thread?
You have a problem with my "realism"? That's funny since I'm a pretty straight forward guy. I still don't see what you are trying to argue about. My earlier post clearly states that I think that everyone is enjoying the team....so don't strawman me. I just said that just because everyone is not "face-painter" happy its because our fan base is more in line with the fans disposition in Atlanta (never won anything). This thread is about the "Overall fan response not being what I expected". I'm just calling it what it is. Do I really seem like a fan that doesn't want to get too close to the team? come on man.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote