View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dobbins Fined 30K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I dont think the fine is calculated based off the injury it causes or amount of time the player who was hit misses.
yeah the NFL does a lot of things well, but their arbitrary all-over the-map system of player and Team fines is a joke at best. The players union accepted this whimsical system so its hard to cry about it now (players not us fans). I'm not accusing anyone of actually crying about this incident but when I do see players grumbling about how arbitrary this is I can't help but think that their Union leadership missed the boat on this one.

I think an independent panel of ex-players should make the decision on the fines. An equal mix of defensive and offensive players. It's also a good way to keep the older guys in the game/eyes of the public as well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote