View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Thanks to those **** faces, Houston will need to witness a Super Bowl win by the Texans to rid itself of pessimism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I haven't read the thread but this isn't high school (yay school spirit) and being "ranked" no1 in the Nation means nothing when you have a playoff system and I personally think that this team is good but not great (weakass AFC). If and when we get to a AFC title game or the SB and you will see all the bandwagon stuff. Till then I think we have more of a smarter, more savvy football fan down here in Houston. This fan isn't going to get all that excited about a decent team getting run out of the playoffs by Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. If and when we beat those guys in the playoffs I think you will be able to "feel" more over the top fan reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Posts like this is why I believe what I said.
my view isn't pessimism. It's realism. The Stadium is packed, the tailgate lots are overflowing and the team isn't even close to being blacked out on any given Sunday. You guys act like the Stadium is half empty because not everyone is a face-painter or the forum is overflowing with "way over the top guy" spewing dumb homer chants crying about your lack of slaps on the back. Look around...everyone is excited about the team.

It isn't pessimism to say that the fans won't be overwhelmed with more Oiler-style success. If that is as good as it gets...fine, but I have the opinion that we won't see the type of following that the Cowboys get or the Patriots get or the Steelers get until we do what the Cowboys or the Patriots and the Steelers have done...win some Super Bowls. Until then we will get what the Falcons get or the Bills get...fans happy with the team but no over the top fan reaction like the teams get when they win it all a time or two.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote