View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012   #132
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
But if so, what kind of WR do we target? Are we looking for a smallish, speed guy in the Steve Smith mold or a bigger 6'2, 6'3 guy? The bigger guys in the upcoming draft are Keenan Allen (who won't fall to us), Justin Hunter (who may, but I see Cordarelle Patterson being there when we draft), Cordarelle Patterson himself and Da'Rick Rogers. Smaller guys would be Tavon Austin or Stedman Bailey. Assuming we draft in the 28-32 range, who would we pick up?
Yeah, I don't expect Hunter or Allen to fall to us that late, Robert Woods might, but I would rather have one of the other two if possible. We should have 11 picks this next draft, so I would take a 1st, 3rd and 5th, and move up to the late teens to grab Keenan Allen if he's there. I don't know if he will fall that far though, but he might. If not, Hunter, Woods and Williams look like good prospects, and one of them could fall to our pick. I also wouldn't mind us using our 1st on Tyler Eifert to bolster the TE position for years to come. Use a 4th to move up to the mid-20's to grab Eifert, and then use the 2nd and 3rd to move up to the early 2nd and grab Williams or Woods if they are there. That would completely reshape our offense and give Kubiak more to work with.