View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dobbins Fined 30K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
That is an absolutely ludicrous rule then. Rep to you though for clarifying.

A QB could then just start running, get past the LOS, still act like he is going to pass, and suddenly the defense can't tackle him like they would anyone else. This could be a huge advantage, if they were to ever utilize it, for guys like Vick, Newton, and others that can start running, freeze a defense with a fake pass forcing the defender to go low, and then juke out of the way and off he goes. This is all part of the game when the QB is behind the LOS, but it is asinine to allow it past the LOS.
I think that is what you are confusing. QBs out of the box or past the LOS canbe tackled like any other player; just no head shot & that goes for any player not just QBs. NFL has got to reduce head injuries and all the law suits are a result of NFL ignoring concussions.

Does Dobbins have any historical incidents that might have increased this amount from$15k?