View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012   #39
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dobbins Fined 30K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Being out of the pocket negates the low hit rule - not much else.

Cak's post actually addressed this point better than I just did.
I wasn't disputing the fact that he knocked him in the jaw with his helmet, that's illegal. I was just disagreeing with your statement which was:

Quote:
Not that it really matters rules wise, but this also clarifies that Dobbins viewed Cutler as a passer as opposed to a runner (and if you look at the replay, it's crystal clear that Cutler was stepping up in the pocket and never displayed any intent to run).
I know you are familiar with what a "pocket" is. Cutler was nowhere in/near a pocket. The guy was wide open, getting ready to run down the field if Dobbins wasn't bearing down on him. He took a risk and threw the ball at the last second. Was it gutsy, or was is stupid? Guess it depends on the outcome of the play. With this outcome, it looks like a dumb move.

Also, I don't agree with Dobbins' comments after the game. Guy should have more class than that. Even "if" his intent was to knock him out of the game, and "if" that's something that the defense celebrates amongst themselves, then that is something that should be kept to himself. Statements like that only bring retaliation from other players and Schaub has had his fair share of questionable hits.