View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012   #26
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dobbins Fined 30K

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Just don't tackle him high or low.

And don't rep me, rep Champion Texan. He's the one who did the research and posted the actual text from the rulebook.
I have now repped him as well.

I don't agree though. It isn't as simple as don't tackle high or low. Guys are moving so fast on a football field that we have to at least have some semblance of consistency. If you can hit high past the LOS, then it shouldn't matter if it is a QB or not. That should not even factor into it. A slide is designated specifically for a QB. This is done to protect the QB. Now they want to throw a new wrinkle into that says, "Oh yeah even though you can hit any other player past the LOS up high, well sorry you can't do that to a QB even though he is essentially a RB at that point."

It's a BS rule, and I would feel the same way if it was Schaub. This isn't the same as a QB back in the pocket where the defender knows the QB is trying to pass the ball.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote