View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012   #22
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BEEF WEEK - part duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
My concern, is this a plan to get out of the lease, produce a terrible team w/blackouts? Get the fan base so unconcerned w/Jags, that the move doesn't make such a sting? What was the days like, when the Oilers were going to move? Is it a formula for moving teams?
I think each move is different. In the case of the Oilers, the fans loved the team but were fed up with the owner. Bud kept making contract decisions that cost the Oilers good players. He got a bond to get the Astrodome refurbished, the work had barely been completed when he started lobbying for a new stadium. I may be slightly off here, but others will no the exact details better. But the bottom line is the fans hated Bud and when he said new stadium or I move the team (remember, still paying for a big Astrodome refurbish) the fans said don't hit let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I would be surprised to find any Texans fans who don't think we won in the long run.