View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012   #87
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post

I said they couldn't play bump and run. He stopped falling down because the genius coaching staff "adjusted" by playing the corners 10-15 yards off the line to avoid those devastating deep balls which came after being run over or being run by. I think it became obvious you didn't have to knock him over to get by him so they stopped trying.

Glover was the best DB that year and the rest were all poor save Jason Allen, but #25 had the ability to make guys who never played in the NFL again look like superstars.
I disagree with these statements as well.

The Texans still played bump and run as well as press coverage thoughout the year. The times the CBs had a 5-10 yard cushion (not the exaggerated 10-15 as "claimed" occured since day one when the Texans had them playing the shuffle technique; that's how any team would do with that same technique.
A good number of times, they would drop back into cover 3; that's why we see a lot of open space between our CBs and the opponents' receivers.

If you like to think that Quin was our best CB, check this out:
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...r-snaps-count/

And that was with him being saved on numerous occasions by one of his teammates or with the QB missing the receivers.

The same goes for Allen.
Here are a bunch of time when Allen fell down for the Dolphins, and this doesn't not include the times he fell down when he was with the Texans in 2010.

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...Jason%20Allen/
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote