View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012   #98
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hit on Cutler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Negative sir. The QB became a runner the second he advanced the football. It's not Dobbins fault Cutler pussed out and try to pass the ball.

What happened to Cutler was acutlers fault.
The exact wording of the NFL rule:

Quote:
If a pass is thrown from beyond the line of scrimmage, unnecessary roughness may apply for action against the passer.
A pass was thrown. He was beyond the line of scrimmage. I absolutely cannot comprehend how this is not an instance where this rule applies.

I'm not particularly optimistic about this, but if you don't believe rule applies to this play, please give me an example of where you believe it would apply.