View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #69
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Texans get national respect now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Yeah, no kidding! I was in NYC for a week, about a month ago, and everywhere in Manhattan people were walking around with Jets gear on. No Giants. The Lids store at Times Square was full of nothing but green and white.

It wasn't until I went to Brooklyn and Queens did I happen to see a few people sporting Giants gear. It was crazy!
There are a lot more Giants fans outside of the city (burbs) and update also. I lived in Albany and there were more Giants and Bills fans than Jets. Of course New Jersey is almost all Giants fans.

Giants fans in NYC are also more toned down. They are typically the older, more upper class and white collar fans. The Jets fans are the more vocal working class, construction worker types that are more the type to be walking around town wearing NFL gear.

The experience at their games is totally different also. Giants fans have a lot more class and don't mess with opposing fans as much as the Jets. At a Jets game I once saw an opposing fan go into a porta potty on a FREEZING day and a mob of Jets fans tipped it over while he was in it. I never saw that kind of crap at Giants games. Jets fans try hard to be Eagle fan at times. Though having been there as an Oilers fan a couple of times I never had an issue. New Yorkers have always been cool with Houstonians. They just hate Dallas.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote