View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A good read found on TC's blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Great read.

I am and have been a Kubiak fan. But even I would have fired him after the 2010 season. I think he's a very good coach but he is offensively oriented and he needed a defensive coach to balance him.

I'm glad McNair decided to be even more patient than I would have been.
Ditto except the firing part. I would have given him one more year. I love the offense. Pre-game they put a side by side comparison up of two plays. Exact same formation - shown first from a rear view, then overhead - one a stretch play to Foster, the other a roll out with Schaub. They were identical right up until Schaub pulled up to throw the ball.

Then I watch other games, for example they were going on about Baltimore using play action this weekend, and it is the lamest thing in comparison. Straight back with the OL barely doing anything to make it look like a run play, the RB taking the fake and then immediately hopping forward into pass protection and Flacco has a miserable play fake which actually makes Carr's almost look OK.

I love his route designs as well. This last game is a good contrast. The Bears run a route tree which is very simple. It is based on hopeful mismatches of athleticism by Marshal and Hester. Kubiak schemes to create separation much more.