View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #78
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Most people say when judging rookies that you need to give them 3 years before you can evaluate them. Kareem was terrible his first year and no one will argue that for the most part, but I thought because he was so bad his first year he got a bad rap in his second. He only had 1 flaw in his game at all last year and that was making plays on the ball.

Fast forward to year 3 and it seems like the game has slowed down so much for him now. He's playing much faster because his understanding has increased. Its been hammered home here, but I don't know many elite Corners in the game today that didn't have struggles early on. Just last year people were questioning whether Patrick Peterson was ever gonna be an elite corner. I've liked Kareem's game dating back to Alabama and thought his ceiling was much higher than Javier Arenas which is why he was drafted in front of him. Arenas was successful for KC early on because of the positions they put him in, but now KJax is the much better player because his talent is taking over. Its kind of why I wish Brandon Harris was getting some run now because I think year 3 could be good for him as well. Without experience though I don't know how much he can develop.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote