View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Oilers would have lost this game

I had that "we're gonna' win" feeling in this year's Jets game, and I had that same feeling in the Bears game. I had an initial shock in the first quarter of both those games, but by the second quarter the outcome was clear.

As a fan of the NFL, I have come to appreciate all 32 teams...not just my favorite team...and each year you can see, clearly by this point in the season, which teams are built for genuine success and which are getting some bounces go their way.

When the talking heads were riding Arizona Cardinals' jocks for being 4-0, or whatever it was, it was a cute story but you knew full well that it was just the same sort of fluke that Buffalo had achieved the year prior. Not built for distance.

THIS team? I thought last year, in the first 5 games, we had a Super Bowl team. But then as I watched our Conference opponents play, and how they won their games, I saw that we were only really a playoff team. A 1-win playoff team, and that's what happened. I was pleased with that.

Now, I believe this team is on a course with destiny. And if they win it all, the legend of Gary Kubiak is born. There will be none who can slander it. It will be like how the ancient rulers would go ad strike the names of his predecessors from the monuments of those societies. All we will be able to do is revere Kubiak in almost a papal manner. Pope Kubiak. And I will be saying rubbing those rosary beads like everyone else. LOL.