View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #76
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
This is the craziest improvement I have seen in any NFL player, ever. No one needs to eat crow here because he was historically bad in his rookie year and still below average last year making big mistakes.

If a player makes a historically improbable improvement in his play, it takes crow off the menu. I am not taking anything away from how he is playing now, just saying don't forget how bad he was, even just last year.
Disagree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that people need to come in and eat crow. I'm not, don't interpret this as such.

What I disagree with is that because of his play in his first year (FIRST. YEAR.), that somehow, people are/were justified in calling him a bust or saying he'd never amount to anything.

You said it yourself, based on his play, it looked that way, and that historically, it was unlikely to happen. And I agree. But that does NOT mean we should judge him as a player, or more specifically, label him as a bust after a year of play. Even two years of play.

Basic patience tells us to wait at least 3 years to make a decision on a player. Knee jerk, instant gratification fans tell us they can tell how good a player will be after their first year, their first game sometimes.

So no, you don't need to eat crow. It was unlikely. But don't justify people's villification of Kareem the historically bad CB on a historically bad defense (chicken or the egg, by the way?).
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote