View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A good read found on TC's blog

Nice piece but I'm not sure what to say on Kubiak. At this time, it looks like it was the right move and the team is succeeding. My issue with stories like above, is that it implies Kubiak was dealt a bad hand and he just had to wait it out. The reality is he had a part in the bad hand...helping pick those D Coordinators, play calling where Foster wasn't involved or he was running half back passes, time management and with draft picks. So I don't think his first 4-5 years were just a great coach in waiting. He was a very bad coach at times.

The next issue has to do with Wade. To me this team has co-head coaches. One on O and one on D and it works really well. They drafted well for this D system. Maybe Kubiak turned a corner somewhere overall as coach but I think it is more about Wade. I'm also not sure if Schaub's injury didn't force him into an offense that actually was the best in the long run and then he realized it. I give Kubiak credit for everyone buying into his system and being a great O coach. Great guy.

So overall I'm in a holding pattern with signs pointing towards positive. I just don't think you can rewrite history and absolve him of the first years and the decisions that were made.