View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A good read found on TC's blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
What do you mean you found a good article on her blog? All her articles are good.

Even though she and Lance Zeirlein are the only reasons to go to the Chronicle, they are very good reasons.
It's hard for me because before she was contributing to The Chronicle, she was here and doing stuff for this board...we would all say "The Chronicle should have YOU as its Texans beat writer!"

Then she becomes a blogger for them, and now (sad to say) I find it hard to click on the link and go to the Chronicle-based blog articles she writes. I don't like the way the Chronicle holds its nose up and "regular Joes" while their own "professional" Texans writer is, how do I say this, not up to standard for us.

She invests huge amounts of time, has cultivated great relationships while balancing those relationships with true journalism creativity, and I guess I still just hold a grudge at the Chronicle because they get clicks to their site off of her.....but she's not their bonafide Texans reporter. It's like they're getting away with murder, to me, putting cronyism above professionalism. Granted, TC might not even WANT a full time gig with the Chronicle.

I just have a conflict with going to that site. It goes back to the days of Richard Justice and how he would skewer the Texans without knowing what he was taking about, then jump on board the bandwagon, then hop off of it, and then Johnny Pancakes gets everything wrong that he puts his hand to. But hey, just like Arian Foster snuck onto the Texans...so did TC find a way to make the Chronicle look and function in a competent manner. Quickly.

I wish she would sometimes do some "TexanTalk exclusive" stuff here, even if it was just 3 or 4 times a year. I am not in any way griping at her, per se, just not happy with the Chronicle.