View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
HAHA! So I am not the only one that this has happened to?

I have jinxed us in spectacular fashion with the Jets home opener when we got crushed by the birth of "Sanchise" and watched in horrer as I witnessed the "Rosencopter." The other losses were just run of the mill and depressing.

My wife also convinced me to get tickets to a game when we traveled down to Houston and we watched the Titans game. Felt great to see my first Texans win (in person) this year!
I do not live near Houston, so last year me and my wife went to our first Texans game...vs. Oakland, at Reliant.

Yeah, I jinxed us. Schaub tried to lob a pass into the end zone and it was intercepted. Game over. We almost won.

It was raining like that scene in Forrest Gump. Wife and I had parked sooooo far away, so as to be able to get access to the big highway that takes us to the airport for our flight back home. Soggy, we get in the car and drive like maniacs to the airport. Get to the rental car station, it was mayhem there--Attendants wouldn't come grab cars because of the rain, we barely got on a shuttle in time. Went through security and I just yanked my shoes AND socks off. I walked onto the airplane without socks or shoes, with my #80 jersey on...nobody said a single WORD to me about not having socks/shoes on. They saw the look on my face, my #80 jersey, and they knew to leave me alone.

Fun times. Felt like a wet dog all the way home. And we lost. The best part was that me and my wife went to the Blue Crew tailgating just before the game. Got to meet SheTexan, GlassHalfFull, JJJ, and Hook'Em. Met Disaacks and TexanMike, too. Great guys. And Joe Texan and Bronco Billy poured my wife an excellent margarita. That was definitely the best part of it all for me.

JoeTexan and Hook'Em and SheTexan were really welcoming of me and my wife that day. There were a couple of them that heard me say my screen name, and they gave me dagger eyes, never made a gesture to say hello to me but stood there and stared at me...pretty sure I know who they are, but oh well. The vast majority, 99.9% of the Blue Crew really welcomed us in a top notch manner.