View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #71
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post

Well Glover was the #1, and Jackson could never play bump and run because he would just fall down after any contact. By this time his rookie year Jason Allen had arrived. Obviously poor coaching and technique, but still his production was baaaaaaaaad......

I'm not sure I understand what you meant in reference to EllisUnit and historically accurate; so if you can make it a little clearer I would appreciate it.

On the part about Glover being #1, that was simply not true.

Like I've said many times before, I don't rely on memory.
I had done play by play break down of several games in 2010 and I had posted some during that season.

Now, I still have all the games; I just went through the first two games.
With the shortcut version (no commercial, no stoppage) you can go through the offense in about 15 minutes.

Against the Colts, KJax played LCB while McCain played RCB.
Quin played the nickel as the Colts were strictly a one-back offense.

Against the Skins, KJax was the true #1 CB and Quin was the #2.
The Skins was more of a 2-back offense.
With a single receiver on the field, it would be KJ in coverage.
With two receivers, when they lined up on the same side, KJ would be the outside CB with Quin as the inside CB.
Occasionally, when the Skins went with a one-back formation, Quin moved inside to nickel; KJax and McCain manned the outside.

That said, the part about how he would fall down after any contact can only be thought of as your relying too much on your memory.

In the off-season after that year, I had already pointed out that several Texans defenders fell down. Quin fell down as regularly as KJax. And if you pro-rate the numbers of snaps they were out there, there was no telling who fell down the most (it could have been McCain, it could have been Allen, it could have been Quin, it could have been KJax.)

The problem was many people concentrated solely on KJax so they turned a blind eye on the other DBs.
And many never conceded the fact that the safety play was so bad such that Wade let them go with very little to no care at all when he first joined the Texans.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote