Thoughts from the Bear's Game
1. At the beginning of the game, it was wet but it was only mildly chilly. But at halftime, the temperature PLUNGED. It went from about 60 degrees down into at least the 40's (at least, that's what it felt like.) I was sitting at about the 50 yard line behind the Texan's bench and halfway through the third quarter, I was shivering. The rain, which was really more of a drizzle for most of the first half, got a lot stronger and it was constantly shifting direction.
2. I was really pleased to see how many Texan fans there were in attendance. We got a few good Hou-Ston-Tex-Ans chants going. A lot of the Texan fans hung around longer after the game was over and by the time we walked out, it was almost like we were walking out of Reliant with all the Texan jerseys and flags and Toro helmets around us.
3. The game was AWESOME. I know there's going to be some questions about play-calling and game-plans and stuff but I thought it was perfect. Lots of guys were sliding around and we did just what we needed to do to win.
4. At the beginning of the game, the Bears fans were talking about how we were going to get crushed. By the middle of the third quarter, the Bears fans around me were trying to figure out how many field goals they were going to have to make to beat us. And when "Good-As" Gould doinked that field-goal, you should have heard the air escape from their lips along with all hope.
5. The Bears fans sitting next to me were nice people BUT they didn't seem to know much about the rules and I think they hate Lovie Smith more than some of you hate Kubiak. There was one guy going on and on about Lovie Smith wasting all their timeouts with all these damned reviews... until I pointed out to him that they still had their timeouts because TDs and turnovers were automatic reviews and Lovie hadn't lost any timeouts, yet.
6. After Graham squibbed that kick right to that Bear, he and Marciano got their asses chewed by Kubiak. I thought Kubiak was going to have to be restrained.
7. Did I mention it was freaking COLD by the end of the game?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.