View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #70
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
Bull****. Some of us had been defending KJAX for quite a while now.

This is just another one of those "I don't want to admit I'm wrong" posts.

Way to take the coward's way out. Man up. You were wrong.

THis wasn't a sudden transformation. THe progression he made game to game from his first game until now was pretty steady. He did not jump leaps and bounds all of a sudden for his third season.

By his second year, he worked on his big weakness, which was technique, and getting beat on deep routes. He stuck to his man on deep routes stride for stride, but did not make any play on the ball.
I give your rant 2/5. Deduct points for misdirected rage and repeating what I said.

He went from historically bad to subpar to average to plus. I didn't say any different, and not sure why I am a coward. He in no way deserved to start his rookie year, and last year was still getting pulled off the field.

What was I wrong about? If you were defending him his rookie year, YOU were wrong. He sucked and was a huge part of us wasting a year of productive offense. Not his fault, but still a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Nah, as the famous EllisUnit was fond to say, "if a guy is bad to start with, he can never improve enough to worth a darn".
Historically accurate, especially considering how bad #25 was initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Not only did they install him as the #1 CB, they also left him on an island quite a bit.
And when he wasn't supposed to be on an island, his safety help failed him on many occasions.
Well Glover was the #1, and Jackson could never play bump and run because he would just fall down after any contact. By this time his rookie year Jason Allen had arrived. Obviously poor coaching and technique, but still his production was baaaaaaaaad......

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Only one player comes to mind: Drew Brees. He was hot garbage his first 3 or so years, and then the switch flipped on.
I would hear that argument, I don't think I agree but people probably rank Brees higher than I would today. Another point is QB is the hardest position to learn and big improvements are expected. Look how much better Schaub is.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote