View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #67
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
This is the craziest improvement I have seen in any NFL player, ever. No one needs to eat crow here because he was historically bad in his rookie year and still below average last year making big mistakes.

If a player makes a historically improbable improvement in his play, it takes crow off the menu. I am not taking anything away from how he is playing now, just saying don't forget how bad he was, even just last year.
Bull****. Some of us had been defending KJAX for quite a while now. We few kept saying he did not look as bad as you guys had made him out to be, and that he was steadily progressing.

This is just another one of those "I don't want to admit I'm wrong" posts. There was no doubt in my mind that Kareem could turn it around by the third year.

Way to take the coward's way out. Man up. You were wrong.

THis wasn't a sudden transformation. THe progression he made game to game from his first game until now was pretty steady. He did not jump leaps and bounds all of a sudden for his third season.

His first 8 games, he was regularly getting burned and beaten. By the end of his rookie year, he was playing fairly decently (not great, but pretty serviceable).

By his second year, he worked on his big weakness, which was technique, and getting beat on deep routes. He stuck to his man on deep routes stride for stride, but did not make any play on the ball.

This year, he focused on making plays on the ball and turning around at the right moment.

He did what anyone should do. Focus on one weakness, and turn it into a strength. Once you have that down, you move on to the next weakness.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote