View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012   #123
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont think its Marciano's fault either .... But the coverage teams have been lacking , especially on kickoffs , guy's not holding their lanes and things of that nature. That is his fault.

Blocking on kickoff and punt returns has left a lot to be desired too .... Special teams just havent been very special all around.

Graham wasnt kicking them exceptionally deep early in the season or even in preseason .... But he's gotten worse as the year has gone along. So bad now that they'd rather squib kick and concede at least the 25 yardline , often more.

I wonder if he's got a nagging injury we dont know about.

For me to be saying this as a longtime supporter of Marciano .... should carry significant weight.
I'm not sure, but I think they might have been doing the squib kicks because of the weather. Either they were avoiding a bad kick, a long return, or hoping that the Bears would fumble the bouncing ball, I don't think that will be the norm going forward. If they do that next week, I'll be worried.